Our fields of cut flowers, which bloom throughout the season, will cover over 1 acre during 2015 and will include over 50 varieties of certified organic annuals, perennials and bulbs. We enjoy making seasonal bouquets of fresh, certified organic flowers to order, and we bring a varied selection to several local Farmers’ Markets from May until October. We also sell fresh bunches to local flower shops and make regular deliveries each week. On Wednesdays and Fridays during the summer, we offer farm gate sales of fresh flower bunches. We also sell fresh bunches to local Flower shops and make regular deliveries each week.
We provide a wedding flower service including bouquets, boutonnieres/corsages and table arrangements. Our style is unique, fresh and casual, using only seasonal, certified organic flowers from our farm, or complemented with other locally grown flowers (by special request). We encourage brides-to-be to visit our farm for a consultation and to see our beautiful flowers in the field.
We have now increased our Lavender production to over 1,000 plants on 1/3 of an acre. We sell both fresh and dried bundles of certified organic Lavender at local markets and to flower shops and grocery stores. Harvest begins in early July and continues throughout the summer, as we grow several varieties of both culinary and more highly scented French Lavender.
- 100-Mile Diet: The Lure of Eating Locally (Thompson Life Magazine, Fall 2008)
- Living in a Landscape Designed for Food Sustainability: a BCSLA Member Profile (Sitelines: Landscape Architecture in British Columbia, February 2011)
- The Bindweed Monologues (British Columbia Organic Grower, Spring 2009)
- My Big Fab Okanagan Wedding (Okanagan Life Magazine, July 2014)
- Local, pasture raised poultry is available from our neighbours Andrea and Steve Gunner, of Rosebank Farms, 250-546-2733.
- Coldstream Creek Apiaries have several bee hives on our farm, and their honey products are available through their Facebook page.
- Lavington Roses grows a beautiful selection of Roses which we love to use as a complement to our wedding bouquets. They can be contacted directly at lavingtonroses.ca or on Facebook.
Hartwood North Farm is a member of both PACS (Pacific Agricultural Certification Society Producer #16-391) and COABC (Certified Organic
Associations of B.C.).
For further information on organic farming, please visit the COABC website at:
Region - Okanagan North - Hartwood North Farm or Member Listing
4462 Salmon River Rd.
Armstrong, B.C. V0E 1B4
Mouse over thumbnails to tour the farm.